Thursday, June 25, 2015

Brownie Holiday


This camera is one of the easiest to shoot.  It uses size 127 film, which is less common, but not difficult to find.  There are zero settings, no "cloudy" vs. "sunny", no "near" vs. "far".  Just point at the subject and click.  And every time I use it I make a notation in my mini recorder (which later gets transcribed in my film logs) that it might be broken, because the 'clicker' feels so slow and like it's not 'catching' on anything.  I note this in case after development I can't understand why the film came out blank or blurry.  But each time, I get some decent shots on the roll.  Here are some recent scans.


2 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

The whole roll came out with that dusty amber tone. The converted some to black and white in scanning, though I always scan the original file as shot, and then do variations from there, trying to correct tone, and/or find more details in other color channels.

Anonymous said...

I really like the amber tone!