Sunday, March 16, 2008

Scrap of Paper


During moments of pauses in time at my day job, my hands instinctively search for any little blank piece of cardboard or margin of paper invoice; something to doodle on. I draw over and over, and place each scrap in my bag for transport home at the end of the day, many no larger than two inches long, by just a half inch wide. (Recently, I even drew people on those red dot stickers which you buy in the office supply store; the half inch ones.) I don’t care; give it to me, pass me that pen, (don’t throw that away!) I need to draw. Eventually, the doodles of people, odd characters, make-believe and real animals make it out of the bottom of my bag to my Epson scanner and become digital files then stored in folders on my computer. The intention is that it will be used later in some digital art piece, but some never make it. Nevertheless, that fact doesn’t seem to have any effect on the continuation of this process. Just something I must do.

9 comments:

Lord Dexter's Minion said...

I love doodles! Mrs. Jiffy does some nifty ones too. She used to draw my profile in "doodle," back in the day when I had hair to doodle.Your doodles are nifty!

sMacThoughts said...

yay! thanks Mr. Jiffy!

erinpetersonart said...

I'm the same way. I'd doodle in my sleep if I had a pen in my hand! I like the little sticker idea.
P.S. I'm a twin, too! But we look nothing alike. I look like my dad and she looks like my mom.

xoxox
Erin

sMacThoughts said...

Yay for twinship! I'm very close with mine despite the distance between us; and even though we are "Identical" you can tell us apart really easily!

Smarty Pants said...

I'm a big doodler. I cannot talk on the phone without drawing something. I should think about saving them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! Thanks for sharing your doodles... they are so much more interesting than mine! Love the little dots.

sMacThoughts said...

Kerry, yes, save them!

Kinichi, You're welcome, and no way mine are better than yours. I bet it's because you are 'used' to your own style, that's all.

Kristi said...

I do the same! I'm also an identical twin. She's a chronic doodler too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.