In the blog-world there is an activity which occurs whereby one blogger tags several others (after they themselves have been ‘it’.) I was recently tagged twice, and though I’m not one to bend to pressure and continue the ‘chain letter’ aspect of it, I’ll play along with the other duty of a person who has been tagged, and that is to tell seven random facts about yourself that most people don’t really know.
1. In the ‘80s I had dinner with Hubert Givenchy. I actually don’t remember much by the way of details simply because back then this was not an unusual occurrence because of who I worked for and the lifestyle I lived. I do recall I had on long satin gloves, and a black gown. And the only other famous person I recall there was Cicely Tyson.
2. I have been hit by a car. As a child. (It was the whole ‘smash up on the windshield and fly through the air’ thing.) And now when I cross the street I sometimes change my mind and run back just in case that oncoming traffic is faster than I thought.
3. I love whole berry cranberry sauce from a can. I could eat an entire bowl of it — I don’t, but I could! It has to be cold because straight out of the cupboard, room temperature, tastes yucky. Therefore, I often keep one can in the fridge so that it will be cold when it’s time to be opened.
4. I’ve been lost in the woods. Like so bad that I truly thought this was ‘it’. No one found me….I just finally, by miracle, found my way back to where others were. By then the sun was nearly set, and no one even knew I was gone.
5. I have never seen a James Bond film. And it will probably stay that way.
6. Not including the family beach house, I’ve called 14 places my home, (most were not my choice.) I now have an aversion to moving, and have been where I live now for almost 20 years even though I could really use a lot more space.
7. I eat dinner really late. Normally between and . Sometimes later.