Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer In New England


Lobster on Ice, originally uploaded by sMacshot.

It's so great to clear the 'city' outta your life for a little bit; breathe in the salt air, eat seafood every day, live with the constant sound of foghorn and thunderous waves crashing, and dip into the valuable Polaroid film stock. This morning I was up in the 5 o'clock hour with my sister, dressing quickly to run out to take photos by the fishing docks. It's expected to be a clear sunny day, so we rushed in case the fog was not going to last long. Just hours ago I was walking by the building you see in the photo above which I took last year. It was a different 'scene' this morning with heavy fog, but ice is still $1.75, and I'm glad that hasn't changed.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Please, take me away......
I love that you and your sister are out there capturing the fog. You have such a way with your writing... makes me long for my childhood days on Nantucket.
You and your photography keep those memories alive. xoxoxo

sMacThoughts said...

Sandy, I love when others can relate to the dream world that New England is!

Sandy said...

I saw your sisters Flickr photo today- is that you? Hard for me to tell...haha
Can hardly wait to see more photo's-- hope you are thoroughly enjoying yourselves.

sMacThoughts said...

Yes, that is me...I tie my hair up wet at night and it goes all messy and crinkly like that when I take it down in the morning...still wet. On vacation my hair is rarely dry between the beach, showers, and fog. :)

Elisabeth Omdahl said...

I too hope you are enjoying yourself on your holiday!
best wishes
Elisabeth

sMacThoughts said...

Being at the beach house is like dreaming for a very long time... a good dream. I forget everything related to city life and never allow thoughts of my day job back in NYC. And I stay long enough to actually feel like I have no other life other than a salt aired, beachy, foghorn-filled one!