Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Three Wishes

One for me.  One for you.  Another for emergency; first come, first served.


Why, oh why are my prints printing out with inaccurate colors?  Is it because they were profiled and made on a PC?  Is it because the Mac does not 'read/interpret' icm or icc profiles made on a PC?  I have work to print out. I am so, so, so behind.  The holidays are coming, orders and commissions on hold or delayed.  I've recalibrated everything but now all my work (and anything, including my blog) is wrong... too contrasty, vivid, and ugly.  Why would I want to print out and match my screen when my screen is showing me ugliness, and not the way I made my art and photography to begin with?  Hours of search, forums, knowledgebase, Adobe, Apple, but nothing.  Not even anything related.  So frustrated and so little time.   Big pout.

UPDATE:  Snow Leopard apparently has issues with not only color calibrations systems, but my Epson 2200 printer, (which it will not work with beyond a text document at all!)  At first I thought it was now a matter of buying a whole new color calibration system which does have Snow Leopard drivers, but now I know this won't even matter now since my printer will still not print out matched prints.  Buying a new printer was not in my budget plan.  (Neither was the whole new computer and external hard drives, and house phones which all died together and had to be replaced.)  It's been quite the last few months, and I can't help but think about a certain sum of money someone never paid me back which would really cover all this right now.

4 comments:

LiPeony said...

=/ omg that totally stinks ... I print out my art too and I would be pretty pissed off. I really really hope you are either going to get compensated somehow and that everything shall come out good in the end.

I do love macs I only use a PC with my art work and my printer =/ .

sMacThoughts said...

Yeah, well... definitely it would not be a situation where I'd not be qualified for any kind of compensation...it's no one's fault, it just is a yucky situation. I will figure something out. There are roadblocks in life for reasons! :)

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Jeez, sounds like you're having a bad time! As you know, I'm technically impaired but I WILL send some good thoughts your way...and a few hugs.
Hang in there and maybe play the lottery or something;)
Tracy

sMacThoughts said...

Yes, Tracy, it's been a tough couple months. Today the scanner went. It's all Snow Leopard (Mac OS) issues. But none of these (calibration system, printer, or scanner) intend to update software to work with Snow Leopard so I am forced to do without or re-buy everything. Not feeling the Happy Thanksgiving, that's for sure. :P