Friday, July 30, 2010

New Jersey Wears A Pointy Hat


New Jersey Wears A Pointy Hat, originally uploaded by sMacshot.

Taken on a late summer day on a man-made pier across from New Jersey over the Hudson River. This is an odd, metal tent structure where some people were setting up big speakers which blared old Sinatra tunes. The streaky skies and paintbrush-looking swipes across the film are just due to this old expired stuff I use to shoot with. It's a pinhole Polaroid, taken on a Holga (plastic toy camera). All of that accounts for the dreamy quality. The white section in the lower left is where there was a blank spot in the emulsion of the film -- hey, it's expired! And the skinny white arm thing is the railing to the steps which leads to this end of the pier.... I held the camera on it to keep the shake to a minimum.

12 comments:

jdavissquared said...

so dreamy. love.

indie grrrl said...

such a vintage-y feel. Love it!

sMacThoughts said...

jdavissquared .... it's this polaroid+pinhole+plastic camera!

Sandy .... I do, too!

jdavissquared said...

in response to your comment about Sonic...I have no recollection of fun plastic toys on their cups, but I think they should totally bring that back! that would be the cutest!

sMacThoughts said...

Thanks for the reply, yeah, they had these clear plastic colored animals which hung on the rim. I would miss that if I ever came back to a Sonic, but then I might be distracted by those tasty burgers. :)

THE DIVINITUS said...

good take.

Dean Grey said...

This has a vintage feel to it!

-Dean

sMacThoughts said...

THE DIVINITUS ... thanks, I must agree, if I say so myself!

Dean ... absolutely agree to that!

Galit said...

Love, love, love your photos.
Pure magic.

sMacThoughts said...

Gosh, thanks so much, Galit!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site smacthoughts.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

sMacThoughts said...

Hi anonymous, as I stated when you asked that before, give me your name and state your business; not sure what you're asking. :)