Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Uncovering The Magic

In a recent post, I spoke about scanning the 'duds' - those photos which came out either way too overexposed or underexposed.  I showed examples of an underexposed Polaroid, and my scanning methods used to uncover the magic hidden within.   Today I'll share one which was overexposed, a Type 600 version of Impossible Project's color film (a 'skins' version with animal print frames).  My cameras are sx-70's, so this film will result in an overexposed image.


The original


The original cropped, after adjusting data in the individual color channels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that dash of red pink at the bottom. I had to look back at the original to see if it was there. Very cool.

sMacThoughts said...

Haha, ok, I had to go back and look, too. It was this pack of film.... the strip at the top (looking like a long cloud) and the red line at the bottom show up in most of the pics.